Monday, March 7, 2011

Bonding Time

My dad and I have been growing a bit distant lately so we decided to eat lunch together today. We ended up deciding on Denny's. I think the main reason we've grown apart recently has a lot to do with my parents hostility toward each other in recent years. My dad used to come home from work everyday happy as can be until he got laid off from his old job and now has to work in a shiping warehouse. Now he comes home drunk all the time and immediately passes out within 15 minutes of being home. Anyway...back to Denny's. We didn't talk much, since I had a headache, but we did bond a bit more today. We just talked about normal stuff. You know the, "how was school, was work ok, ect." Afterwords we went home and both just sat on the couch and watched TV. He went to bed around 10:30pm while I stayed up until, well late I guess. It feels like I was only sitting there for a few minutes, but the clock said 3:26am by the time I put my head down to go to sleep. I'm tired...I'm gonna go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment